Saturday, July 24, 2010

Cooking up storm

On one of the hottest days of the year, I'm in the kitchen cooking up a storm, sort of. At least I don't have the oven on. 

I just got the bug and decide to make up a nice light dinner and some tasty snacks. So I made some strawberry mint sorbet with mint from my container garden, boiled some peanut with salt and star anise, tossed up a quick green salad and started up cooking some beets from the farmer's market when WG comes barrelling down from upstairs to tell me we are going out for dinner with a friend. I wasn't sure what the main course was going to be yet so I guess this was a good thing. 


I did take some food shots of the process but don't have any finish product because it not going to be done till tomorrow. This is of the sorbet start to firm up and the cooked peanuts, the star anise is in the middle. If I don't forget I'll take some tomorrow. 


No comments: