Sunday, June 23, 2013

Fresh from my garden

What I've been harvesting. Pretty much the same thing but I have a small garden and I'll take what I get. This is to supplement my farmers market purchased. Anyone who see my dad, let him know his hard work in my garden is paying back plenty all ready.

Untitled
2 weeks ago: Swiss chard on the left and the radish, beets and lettuce seedlings that I thinned out on the right. I have enough swiss chard for a saute for lunch and added some romaine lettuce to my seedling that made 2 servings of salad. Not too shabby. 

1 week ago: 2.5oz of swiss chard and a couple sprigs of italian parsley


Untitled
Today: 2.5oz of swiss chard and 2oz of italian parsley. Notice the leaves are bigger. Using last week and this week's harvest to make another quiche for lunch. 

Planted some basil that I got as a gift from some friends. Trimmed the tops off in hope that it start sprouting more shoots. Will use the tops in my quiche.

I also weeded and added some coffee grounds around the plants as fertilizer. I hope it works. 

Untitled
My tomato plant is getting huge, I think I need to move it from my front steps. It gets lots of sun there and thought my tomato plant would like it there. And apparently, it really does. I have several tomatoes coming in and lots of blossoms. I need to figure out who to stake the plants. Will do that next week.


This is so exciting--especially after last year--with all the weeds I got. More garden updates to come. 

No comments: