Friday, May 27, 2011

A Giant Spider

in my basement. 

I've been trying to get my house together, cleaning things out, everywhere in my house. And the basement is the perfect place on hot humid first summer day. So I started vacuuming stairs and then was going to tackle around my washer and dryer when I saw something in the corner of my eye. I look up at the side of the steps to see a giant spider, inches away from me. Now any spider to me freaks me out, but this was bigger than the usual ones I see. 

I screamed. 

[Now that was useless. Screaming only works if someone can hear you. No one else is home with me, I still had the very loud vacuum running and I was in the basement with the basement door closed.]

I backed away, unloaded the vacuum (had enough sense to turn it off) and ran up the stairs, where I have been since. 

I wanted to do a load of laundry today but. . . what if it's still there. . . .or even worst what if it isn't there. So now I have to wait to Sunday, when Oat comes home early, to make sure the spider isn't anywhere near the washer and dryer.

[maybe I'm be brave and go down later this afternoon. I'm hoping it was just as scared as I was and ran away somewhere far.]

No comments: