Sunday, December 22, 2013

Cookie Butter


or Speculoos. Seems like all the rage. It's a bit sweet for me but used up my bottle making some cookies for my holiday baking. Adjusted recipe from one of my old favorite cookbook. A friend wanted the recipe so I thought I'd share with everyone. They make a real sturdy crispy cookie good for traveling or sending in a care package.

Cookie Butter Cookies
adapted from Favorite Island Cookery Book II, Peanut Butter Cookies

Bake 325ยบ
Time: 15–20 minutes

3 c flour
2 t baking soda
1 t salt

Sift together dry ingredients and set aside.

1 c butter, soften
1 c light brown sugar
3/4 c granulated sugar
1 t vanilla
2 eggs
2/3 c cookie butter

Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla then eggs, one at time till blended well. Mix in cookie butter. Then add dry ingredients, do not over mix. Make 1" balls and place on cookie sheet, lined with parchment, 2" apart. Use a fork to flatten cookie, making a crisscross pattern. Bake until light brown.

Makes about 4 dozen cookies. Store in air tight container.

No comments: