Friday, September 11, 2015

I'm late, I'm late

returning my latest read Ten Thousand Saints by Eleanor Henderson. Just can't seem to finish it. I've been enjoying, it takes place, part of the time in NYC during the 80's, right when I arrived. I'm almost there and I'll just pay the fine. I thought I'd finish it up on my mini vacation but ended up knitting instead. 

Here's reading stats so far this year. Life of a commuter sure up the books read numbers. I'm impressed with myself.

My last read: Joy for Beginners by Erica Bauermeister
Books read so far this year: 7
Books borrowed from the library: 4

As you can see I've been making good use of my library these days. Decided to go old school and borrow books to read on my commute. Since I'm there at least once a month, I've found some great things in the building while searching for something to read.

The New Brunswick Free Public Library is in a old Carnegie building. And still has some great old fixtures. Look at these old shelves.
ornate old metal shelving
close up of the scrolling
On the second level, the floor has opaque glass panels.
love these panels, wish it had a better lighting fixture
This give me more reason not to buy a kindle or a nook. I guess I'll keep doing this until it's not fun anymore. Support you local libraries. 

No comments: