Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Wonderful Reunion


This past Sunday, I meet up with 4 girlfriends who I haven't seen in a long time; CJ from Atlanta, GA, TO and LLC from Montclair, NJ and LK from NYC. All originally from Hawaii, CJ and TO came to NYC the same time as I did, 27 years ago, this month. (By the way, I didn't remember the date exact date but TO did, she still has the ticket from when we came up. And I think I have trouble throwing things out)


It was CJ's big birthday and she was in town to celebrate. We decided to have a nice lunch @ Momofuko Ssam Bar. We did family style sharing the special bun, market greens, spicy rice cakes and lamb sausages. Everything was tasty but the special bun was delicious--I even ate the yellow  tomato that was in it. After lunch went over to LK's her fab union square apt and talked, talked, a short hop to City Bakery for sweets (double chocolate cookie for me), then back to LK's apt for even more talking. 


It was such a nice time. Lots of laugh. Next time we shouldn't go so long.

No comments: