Thursday, August 26, 2010

Off to almost Canada

I'm back from almost Canada. Went a short road trip with my sister and niece this past weekend. to move the little one (she's the tallest of the bunch) in to the dorm for her second  year. 


Had beautiful weather driving up. Wish we could have stopped and played tourist but had to leave later than I wanted because I had to sit in on a conference call before I left (really sucked). The weather was okay for the next day till we really left the school to go back to the hotel. Then rain, rain, rain. I'm so glad we didn't have to move her in on Sunday we would have been soaked


The little one did a really good job at packing her stuff (not too heavy) and not having too much crap (like me). I survive with 1 little black and blue on my arm. I think my sister survive pretty well, she already had a bad back and wasn't hobbling when we left so I think overall the 2 old ladies survived.


On our free morning before meeting little one's boyfriend we went off to find a yarn store in a town near by. Yea! for the hotel internet (no cell phone) and GPS to make it possible for us to find Fiber Options in Rensselear Falls. Cute shop nice selection of yarn and 1/2 the store is a quilting. Here's a pic of the yarn a bought. Going to turn it into a hat or cowl for me (but I bet it will end up in WG's collection).


Almost Canada yarn

No comments: