Sunday, February 13, 2011

I'm so proud of myself . . .

that haven't had a baking breakdown yet with many potential disaster just waiting to happen (But I was very close to tears a few times). Thanks to the handy thing called a the internet. I found a great solution for broken frosting (butter too cold). If you every need the solution, here's the link for broken and too hard frosting.

The latest disaster is a smoking oven as I was powering through chocolate cupcake batter and a cheesecake in the oven. Forgot to put foil around the springform pan and butter dripped in the oven. Suddenly, I turn to see smoke pouring out the vent of the oven. I don't know if it was because I'm so tired or I'm getting use to thing happening. I calming opened the oven, pulled the cheesecake out, I turned off the oven, turned up the oven fan, jiggled the cheesecake to see if it was down, pulled the racks out and started to clean the mess (waited a little bit for it too cool). Thank goodness the cheesecake was done and I think I save it from the trash can. Now I'm just resting my mind from a close call and will start the cupcake in a bit. 

2 days off from work at the end of the week. I hope I get back in to better form. I have some much on my list to do and try. Let's see if I can get some of it done.

UPDATE: baked the chocolate cupcakes without a incident but the frosting... Just when I thought I was minutes away from finishing up the baking for the night, the stupid frosting started to acted up. Got the the consistency that I wanted, 6 cupcakes done, 6 more to go and the piping tip goes haywire. Tried to unclog it but it just didn't want to work. So the last six looks like it got a bit of a perm. A little bit of curly top. But no tears, so I guess I win.

No comments: