Sunday, February 6, 2011

I've baking up a storm

for the restaurant that is. I'm trying to keep thing separate but it is very hard when most of my life as of now revolves around the restaurant. And of course, I suck taking pictures of the final product. But I thought a list would be a great way to show off what I've up to with thumbs up/down if it did well.

So for the last 2 weeks I've baked:

2 apple pies (traditional)--thumbs down
1 apple pecan crumb pie--thumbs up-sold the whole pie in one shot
2 strawberry cheesecakes--thumbs up
1 bread pudding*--thumbs up
1 mango bread pudding*--thumbs up
1 peach bread pudding*--thumbs up
1 recipe strawberry cupcakes with cream cheese frosting-thumbs up
1 recipe chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting--thumbs half way. I wasn't that happy the way the frosting turned out. Need to rethink that. Taste great if you love chocolate.
2 chocolate haupia (choconut pudding) pie --thumbs up
2 rice pudding--not sure

And in the oven right now is lemon curd marbled cheesecake. I'm about to make a fresh blueberry sauce to serve with it.

Cheesecake seems to be the customers favorite. And of course because it takes the longest to make. I'm trying this new one (the one in the oven). I hope people like it.

On my list of recipe testing:
Thai tea milk shakes--in process**
Matcha milk shakes--in process**
Chai cupcakes with cardomon cream cheese frosting
Matcha macarons with azuki filling
Matcha syrup for our shave ice
Mochi with azuki filling and if that work and people like it maybe whole strawberry with azuki filling

Off to check the cheesecake and to start the sauce.

* can be served with vanilla sauce made with condensed milk
**there goes the stress diet pounds.

No comments: