Wednesday, February 13, 2013

100 cupcake plus and incredibly busy menapausal woman

It just started a hour ago. Cleaning, organizing and prepping before the real baking start. Have already prepped 2 batches of swiss buttercream [I think I need make another], 2 batches of cream cheese frosting [for sure I need another], lemon curd, raspberry jam, steeped the milk with earl grey tea and measure out 3 batches of dry ingredients. 

I'm still working out what I'm making, this is what I have committed to so far:

  • Earl Grey cupcakes with lemon curd filling and cream cheese frosting
  • Strawberry cupcakes with strawberry jam filling and strawberry cream cheese frosting
  • Blackberry Jam cupcakes with vanilla swiss buttercream
  • Red Velvet cupcake with chocolate ganache filling and cream cheese frosting
  • Chocolate cupcake with fudgy chocolate frosting [may have a little surprise filling]
  • I'm thinking of doing an apple spice cupcake or orange cupcake that probably will be the last batch I'll make
And I'm hoping that I get all of these done so I can whip up a couple of batches of macarons for the restaurant as valentine's promotion. I haven't even promoted that yet as I don't know if I can make it. But if I do, it will be raspberry and meyer lemon macarons. I'm making them smaller than I've testing so I can give out 1 per person or 2 per couple. There will be lots of piping in my future--my arm already hurt.

Okay, off I go to prep some almond flour for my macarons. I have faith that I can do it all. Pictures to come. 

No comments: