Sunday, March 3, 2013

Started my Hemlock Ring Blanket

hemlock2

I wanted share with knitting and crafty friends that I finally took the plunge and started the hemlock ring blanket by Jared Flood. I've been wanting to make it for a long while [it's been in my ravelry favorite since 2009]. Always thought it was too hard for me. Now with a several lace-y projects behind me I decided to tackle it.

Project Started: 2/16/13
Yarn: Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool
Needles: 10 1/2

The Hemlock Ring Blanket pattern is originally from a doily and Jared Flood/Brooklyn Tweed modified to become a blanket. It's just so beautiful with flower/star in the middle. I think it would be beautiful addition to my eclectic living room [remember the elephant chair]


hemlock3
I know my pictures of what I have so far looks like a bundle of brown yarn with holes in but it looks better than I expect even in it's unblocked form. And so far so good, no real disaster that I couldn't solve [no crying involved]. I'm at the feather and fan section. I know it going to be really pain to block--I'm not really that patient with putting in all those pins [my afternoon tea is still waiting to take it's final form after 2 attempts]

This doesn't mean I've finish 3 other projects I've started before it, but I'm so proud of myself I had to share. I know, all you non-knitter must be thinking--huh? But it is just one of those projects, you wish you could tackle without making a big tangled ball of yarn. I guess it sort of  like macaron in my knitting world. And I got over the hump of trying to make macaron [still need to get better] so why not.  Maybe I can finish this by the end of March?

If you are interested in what it will looks blocked and finished or want to try knitting it yourself, here's a link to The Rainey Sisters blog where you can get the pdf of the pattern.


No comments: