This year I'm making the meringue kisses, flourless black sesame chocolate cake with raspberry coulis and red velvet cupcakes. What I'm testing are the meringues because they are taking a different form, like a hershey's kiss. So I need to practice my piping skills and I'm also painting the piping bag, so they have pink strips on the meringues.
Here's what I got so far:
- under whipped the meringues--not good
- don't paint too much food coloring becomes sticky and needs a lot more time.
- not to happy with striping becomes one color
- will go with pink and white meringues, dipped in chocolate and sprinkles
- when piping, keep tip of the pan, slightly above
- press, count to 3, then release and twist
|supposed to be strips|
|buttermilk and my homemade pear butter|