Sunday, February 8, 2015

Valentine's Sweet Testing

Valentine's Day not my favorite holiday but now that we have the restaurant, it's kind of my dessert/sweets day. This year I'm running behind my testing because of my stupid head cold. Now that I'm better, I need to get going.

This year I'm making the meringue kisses, flourless black sesame chocolate cake with raspberry coulis and red velvet cupcakes. What I'm testing are the meringues because they are taking a different form, like a hershey's kiss. So I need to practice my piping skills and I'm also painting the piping bag, so they have pink strips on the meringues.

Here's what I got so far:
  • under whipped the meringues--not good
  • don't paint too much food coloring becomes sticky and needs a lot more time.
  • not to happy with striping becomes one color
  • will go with pink and white meringues, dipped in chocolate and sprinkles
  • when piping, keep tip of the pan, slightly above
  • press, count to 3, then release and twist
Untitled
striping technique
Untitled
white kisses
supposed to be strips
Next up pear butter cake, 2 loaves baking in the oven. I'm using this apple butter cake recipe from Sugar Dish Me. I've made this apple butter cake and everyone loves it. Easy especially if you have homemade apple or pear butter in your refrig. 
Untitled
buttermilk and my homemade pear butter

No comments: