Sunday, July 12, 2009

some summer baking

I do love summer baking with all the fruits in season. Here's a few (not so great pictures, need to work on this) of a blueberry coffee cake and an apricot cherry crumb. The coffee cake is great, simple and delicous. The crumb needs a some ice cream to go with, not as sweet as I wanted it to be. I think the apricot need to be super ripe.

my garden and yard has been doing well on it's own amazingly. My zucchini plant is doing well, a lot of flowers. Waiting for the first harvest, then I'll try and do something with the flowers. My chili pepper plant is also doing good. WG will be happy with the results. But with all that said the weeds have won, with all the rain we have gotten. I just don't have the energy after work to weed a little. Oh well, at least it green. Speaking of green, the new grass that we put in at the beginning of summer is looking good. I guess the rain did come in handy.

Here's the pictures of the dessert.

Blueberry Coffee Cake







I should have mixed some flour with the blueberry before I folded them in so they wouldn't sink to the bottom. Next time.


Apricot Cherry Crumb







I have to remember to get extremely ripe apricots next year. But I don't think it's too bad to eat it with some vanilla ice cream. Ice cream makes everything better.

Vacation pictures to come. WG just loaded up the removal HD with all the pictures of the vacation. Coming soon.

No comments: