Saturday, May 3, 2014

The Log Cabin Begins

It's been a month since I last posted. I survived the deadline but still recovering from that last push. I have 2 posts in the que that I haven't finished. But I thought I'd post the project I just started.

Got a 3 skeins of this crazy yarn from a co-worker a long while back. She said it was from her Mom. It was old, not sure what the content is. I think it my be a wool blend. It's made up of 6 strands, 2 black and one strand each of light blue, pink, lavender and yellow. Just loose, not twisted together. 

So I decided to start a log cabin blanket. Been crazy about garter stitch lately. Made a log cabin cotton bath rug a while ago. Love the look, despite the glaring mistake. Turn right instead of left. 

Not sure how big it will be, probably a throw. Not sure who it is for. Kind of has a 90s feel. I 'm really liking what it's looking like. Here's what I have so far.
I'm on strip five. Stay tune for finished project. 



No comments: