Saturday, January 2, 2010

things I’ve been making

I’ve been making a lot things lately, but too lazy to post. Here’s the second installment of things I’ve been making.

Holiday Scrubbies
scrubbie_vert
Pattern: Stitchy Scrubbies by Maya Mackowiak Elson
From: Crochet Today March/April 2009
Yarn: Peaches and Creme and Sugar and Creme
These were holiday gifts. It just made me smile when I finished the first one. I think, I made 9 of these and thought I was done. I think I’m making 2 more as a hostess gift for party tonight.


Cool Felicity
floppy hat
Pattern: Felicity by Wanett Clyde
From: Knitology
Yarn: Misti Alpaca Lace solids
I saw this hat and thought it was a cool looking hat that I could add to my wardrobe. Thought it would look nice in this yarn (frogged from 3x shrug). This is pre-washed and dried. The washing totally made the hat better. WG has now aquired the hat. This is sign that it looks cool.


TB’s gift
blue hat
Pattern: Divine Hat by Rheatheylia
Yarn: Berocco Nuance
I got the yarn on sale @ Web. I love the gradient color. I thought a hat would look great in it. Then I found the pattern. Wow. This combination worked so well together. And the pattern, loved the way it started to grow into a hat. Once it was done, it just looked like TB. And that's how it became her gift.


My Alpaca Cowl
cowl
Pattern: Luxe Neck Warmer by Tracey Ullman and Mel Clark
From: Knit 2 Together
Yarn: Windy Farm Alpaca hand spun
Had some visitors from Thailand in on Thanksgiving weekend. Took them to the Lambertville Flea Market (this end up as 12 hour shopping day, those thai girls can shop). Windy Farm had a table and bought a skein of hand spun. Had just enough for the pattern. The picture doesn't do the piece justice. It looks great (especially after a wash) and feels good. Glad I bought the yarn. It will keep me warm during my long walk to my car. (I park far away to get some exercise during the day.)


“Noodle-eating” neck warmer
Wheatgerm's neckwarmer
Pattern: Morningside Neckwarmer by Jared Flood
Yarn: Berocco Nuance
I really like this yarn because it so soft and warm. Perfect for a neckwarmer. Been wanting to make this pattern so “noodle-eating” gets a beautiful neckwarmer for his morning adventures into the wild woods. Need to wash and block but he should have in a couple of days. Maybe I can get a picture of him in it.

In-progress
February Lady
joanne's thank you
Pattern: February Lady Sweater by Pamela Wynne
Yarn: Cotton-Ease
I was hoping to get this done for a holiday gift for Joanne. She helps my parents out so much that I wanted to make her something. But I made a big counting mistake (see all the large paper clip to help me count), that I had to start all over and then I lost steam and other projects got pushed ahead. Now I’m hoping to get it done in April to delivery it in person. Wish me luck in counting because so far that the hardest thing to this pattern.

Noro fingerless
noro fingerless gloves
Pattern: Maine Morning Mitts by Clara Parkes
From: The Knitter’s Book of Yarn
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden
I have one side done. It’s looking good. Not sure if this is going to be a gift or for me. Project on hold to finish Baby Ribby blanket (see previous post: making stuff)

There's many things in the que: mittens for WG and Sam, Hemlock Ring blanket, Ivy scarf, Star Crossed Slouchy Beret, Athenian Scarf and the list goes on. I hope to get to all of these and more. But for now, that’s all folks.

No comments: