Thursday, June 14, 2012

What I did on my early summer vacation--part 4

I know, I know, when will it end.  This should be it. Part 4 is mostly what I did with my parents and the 7 days flew by. Here's picture of my parents @ the rose garden as a tease to keep you reading.
rhododendrons
After dropping off the CA family at the airport, we didn't do too much, mainly staying around the house. We planted my garden, [had to get the people with green thumbs to help, more chance of survival]. Mom was very pleased with her color choice.



In keeping with the plant theme, I took them out to Colonial Park's rose garden. I was hoping that it wasn't too early for the roses and we were right on time. It was beautiful. Here's a couple of pictures of the parents enjoy the roses.
Mom and Roses

Mom insisted on a picture with these pink roses


Mom, Dad and Roses

I don't know why they aren't smiling. I guess they are playing hard to get.


Mom and Dad on Vacation

Finally a smile!


We also had a couple of meals with friends--of course we ate too much and lots of fun "talking story" with some old friends.


Besides eating out, we did lots of cooking and baking. Showed my mom a couple of recipes--cucumber kim chee and orange marmalade [I know what a combination]. Both of these dishes she took some home to Hawaii with her. 


And I tested a recipes--an pan (red bean bun). Here's a picture of the finished product. 
1st attempt @ an pan



Made 3 different types: all an (red bean-the traditional), all apple and 1/2 apple, 1/2 an. Came out pretty good, need to work the fillings--used can an and the apple filling needs a little more flavor.


I guess that it for the vacation. Whew! I'm exhausted, just trying to remember what I did.

No comments: