Monday, March 30, 2015

food inspired


Maybe this all because I spend too much time on pinterest and reading food blogs but here's some links that been inspiring my foodie cravings. 

  • saw a post from Lucky Peach about Poly-Grain Mochi Waffle thought I'd try this technique on some pre-made mochi I have in my freezer. Yummm!--crispy on the outside, chewy on inside. Maybe a good base for red bean and green tea ice cream?
  • my birthday cake--thinking of using the party cake recipe from Baking from My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan and subbing or adding lilikoi puree to the cake then making lilikoi mousse as one of the filling layers. Or maybe a Earl Grey cake with lilikoi mousse. hmmm--too many possibilities. All inspired by Lemon Curd Mousse by The Kitchen McCabe 
  • saw a post on Iamafoodblog.com for tofu fries that look so delicious. I thought maybe spicy mayo, sweet chili sauce and dash of furikake would also taste great.
Untitled
still working on this one

No comments: