Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Garden Grows

The seeds are in and the fence is up and now the seedling are coming and my flowers are blooming. Wanted to give an update on the progress. I'm excited and hopefully I'll get some veggies this year. The next step is thinning and I think I'm going to try this thinning method I found at garden.org. Here's the link to the article: http://www.garden.org/articles/articles.php?q=show&id=620

Radish seedlings
Here's a some pictures. Radish seedlings first to come up and the biggest
Beet Seedling
Beet seedlings, just pop up
Manoa Lettuce thru the fence
Manoa Lettuce, the far side is where my dad planted the seeds, I did closer to the fence. Where's the seedling I planted? hmmm!
Some critter got in
Even with the fence, a critter got in and dug something up? It is where I planted the soy beans
Untitled
Zinnias are blooming
Untitled
Another distressed plant saved by Mom. $1 what a deal!
Manoa Lettuce is a type of lettuce that is available in Hawaii and everyone loves. It has big green fluffy leaves. The name of the lettuce is called Green Mignonette. Here's a old link from Star Bullentin about Manoa lettuce: http://archives.starbulletin.com/2002/04/17/features/index.html. I can't wait till they are ready to harvest. 

The name of the distressed plant is Peruvian Lily or Alstroemeria. Mom is like the plant whisper of distressed plants. If you want to find her in Lowes or Home Depot, check out the distressed plant area first, that where she will probably be. 

No comments: